If you’ve been working in content marketing, you know things change fast. What worked a while ago might not work now, and definitely not in 2024. To succeed in this ever-changing digital world, you need to keep up with the trends that will define content marketing’s future. So, we are here to help you navigate these trends and stay ahead of the game.
- Mobile-first, short-form immersive video
- More activity in the creative economy
- Collaboration between marketing and artificial intelligence
- Live and extended video content
In our updated blog, we’ve focused on what matters now. We see AI personalization as a game-changer—it tailors content to each person’s likes, making it more engaging and relevant in today’s data-driven world.
Our blog is a roadmap for content marketers. We highlight the importance of quality over quantity, using data and AI, building communities, embracing video content, and sticking to good SEO practices. These trends are not just options; they’re must-haves for content marketers in 2024.
Trend 1: Video Content Takes Center Stage in 2024
In the dynamic landscape of content marketing trends, the spotlight is firmly on video content, a phenomenon set to dominate in 2024 (source: statista). Let’s delve into the key dimensions, ensuring your content strategy aligns with the pulse of the digital future.
1. Short-form Video: Reigning Supreme on Social Media
Platforms like Instagram Reels have sculpted our preference for short, engaging videos. To captivate your audience, embrace the trend of crafting 15-second clips, ‘stories,’ and bite-sized video content. Aligning with this trend ensures your content resonates where your audience thrives—on social media platforms.
2. Live Streaming for Genuine Brand-Viewer Connections
As we traverse the digital landscape, live streaming emerges as a powerful bridge between brands and customers. Conducting live Q&As, product demos, and sharing behind-the-scenes moments in real-time builds authenticity, trust, and lasting loyalty.
3. Vertical Video: The Must-Have Format
In the era of mobile dominance, filming in vertical video is non-negotiable. This format offers a more immersive experience, tailor-made for the social media landscape. Brands unwilling to adapt risk appearing outdated in the eyes of their audience.
4. Video SEO: Elevating Discoverability
Advancements in AI bring forth an era of enhanced video SEO. Tools can now automatically add captions, tags, and metadata, boosting discoverability on search engines. A strategic focus on video SEO promises an uptick in traffic and rankings for brands ready to embrace this technological wave.
In essence, video content is not just a medium—it’s an immersive storytelling opportunity. By riding the waves of short-form content, live streaming authenticity, vertical footage, and heightened video SEO, you position your brand for triumphant video marketing in 2024 and beyond. The question is, are you geared up for the visual future?
Also Read – Why is video the future of content marketing?
Trend 2: User Generated Content
1. Get Your Audience Involved
Ask your customers to share their stories—photos, reviews, videos—about your product or service. Offer incentives like discounts or prizes to boost participation. Share the best submissions on social media and your website for authentic content straight from your customers.
2. Start a Hashtag Party
Create a branded hashtag and invite people to share their love for your brand on social media. Boost brand awareness by liking and reposting the best posts. Hashtag campaigns not only create a buzz but also provide insights into what your audience thinks.
3. Let Others Take the Wheel
Try a social media takeover, giving control to customers, employees, or influencers. It offers a unique, insider’s view with raw, unscripted content that resonates with your audience.
4. Reviews Speak Louder Than Words
Don’t underestimate the power of user reviews. Feature positive snippets on your site and social media. Engage with both positive and negative feedback to build trust.
The future is personalized, engaging, and community-driven.
Trend 3: Riding the Wave of New Social Platforms
In 2024, being in sync with emerging social platforms is a game-changer for content marketing. Here’s the lowdown on some key players:
1. Instagram Reels:
Gen Z loves Instagram Reels. It’s a hotspot for short, fun videos. Create unique content, like challenges and reactions, tailored for Reels. Be genuine and engage actively—don’t just recycle content.
Twitch isn’t just for gamers anymore. It’s expanding into music, cooking, and more. If you can cook up interesting live streams, Twitch is worth a shot. Build a fan base, interact in real-time, and create videos to share. But remember, it requires a consistent schedule.
Popular among teens and young adults, Discord isn’t just for gamers. Create your own server or join existing ones related to your industry. It’s a powerful tool for building a community. Dive into conversations, host Q&A sessions, and manage the community actively.
Stay on your toes in 2024—keep an eye out for new social platforms. Testing them, even in small ways, ensures your brand is ready for success in the ever-changing digital landscape. The key? Pick platforms that truly fit your brand and audience.
How’s this for a simpler social media journey?
Trend 4: Be Everywhere with Multi-Channel Content
In the digital jungle of 2024, we recommend spreading your content across different platforms to truly connect with your audience. Whether it’s social media, podcasts, or other platforms, having a presence everywhere is the name of the game.
1. Tailor Content for Each Platform:
Adapt your content to fit each platform’s vibe. Short and snappy updates for Twitter, longer, insightful pieces for LinkedIn. We emphasize the need to match your content with where it’s being shared.
2. Podcasts for Targeted Talks:
If you’re an expert in something niche, start a podcast. We see podcasts as a way to share your knowledge and build connections with people who share your interests.
3. Choose Platforms Wisely:
Besides social media and podcasts, there are blogs, videos, and e-books. We advise picking the platforms your target audience hangs out on the most.
Tips for Managing Content Everywhere:
When dealing with multiple platforms, we suggest:
- Plan with a Calendar: Keep things organized with a content calendar to ensure a steady flow of diverse content.
- Use a Content Management System (CMS): Streamline your content creation, organization, and scheduling with a CMS. It helps keep your content consistent across all platforms.
- Customize Your Content: It’s not just about platforms; it’s about the content itself. Craft content with each platform and audience in mind. Use visuals on Instagram, short captions on Twitter.
- Social Media Boost: Share your blog posts, podcasts, and videos on your social media accounts to reach a wider audience.
- Talk to Your Audience: Respond to comments and questions. Building relationships with your audience keeps them coming back for more.
In the ever-changing world of 2024, being everywhere with your content is not just a strategy; it’s a must for those looking to capture their audience’s attention in the vast digital space. How does that sound?
Trend 5: Measuring Content ROI and Impact
In 2024, success in content marketing trends hinges on understanding your impact. Check these key metrics:
1. Traffic and Engagement:
See how many people view, interact, and share your content. It’s your chance to build brand awareness and connect with potential customers.
Watch how your content directly influences sales or leads. Valuable content leads to valuable actions.
Spot which content gets backlinks from other credible sites. It boosts your content’s credibility and search rankings.
4. Social Media Momentum:
Keep a close eye on how frequently your content is shared across platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Uncover patterns in the content that gains the most social shares. This not only expands your outreach but also amplifies your message to potential customers. Take note of the social networks where your content shines the brightest.
Master these metrics to ace content marketing trends in 2024!
Trend 6: Mastering Longform Content for 2024
Creating killer content isn’t easy, especially in the ever-changing digital landscape. But is longform content still relevant? We say it is still relevant and maybe the following stats from 2023 will convince you
- Google’s first-page results average 1,890 words.
- Top-rated posts often exceed 2,000 words.
- Longform blog posts (over 1,500 words) get 77% more shares.
- BuzzSumo found articles over 3,000 words get 35% more backlinks.
But then how do you make your longform content more impactful? Here’s a quick guide:
- Be You: Let your personality shine.
- Story Power: People love stories—use them.
- A Dash of Humor: Sprinkle in some humor, but keep it professional.
- Chat Away: Write like you’re talking to a friend.
Think of your longform content like a well-built building—strong, functional, and inviting. Short form? It’s more like a shed—limited and not as impactful.
Trend 7: Let Google Help You
In 2024, we emphasize the impact of Google’s Helpful Content algorithm update. This shift rewards content genuinely helpful to users, prioritizing substance over mere search engine appeal.
For effective content:
- Keyword Research: Write about topics your target audience is interested in. Conduct keyword research to uncover online search trends.
- Accuracy and Relevance: Ensure your content is accurate and up-to-date. Cite sources and link to other valuable resources.
- Clarity and Conciseness: Communicate in a clear, concise style. Avoid jargon and technical terms that may alienate your readers.
- Proofreading: Carefully proofread your content before publishing. Eliminate grammar or spelling errors.
So, get ready to whip up content that satisfies both search engines and your audience. Your readers will thank you for the helpful feast.
Content Marketing Trends Success 2024
In a nutshell, here are the trends for 2024 shaping content success:
- Quality Matters: Prioritize quality over quantity.
- Data and AI: Leverage data and AI for effective content.
- Community Building: Connect with your audience.
- Visual Appeal: Embrace visual content.
- SEO Basics: Don’t forget about SEO.
Personalization and hyper-segmentation are key. Tailor content to user preferences for standout performance. Break your audience into smaller groups based on demographics or habits. Social listening and User-Generated Content build trust.
Stay ahead of these trends for content success. The future is bright for adaptive marketers. Start creating content that brings real results—today’s trends are your tools!
Which content marketing trends are you following?